Thursday, 25 November 2010

Taking Old Faithful



I have decided to take Luna, my 'old' bike on this expedition.
At first I thought it almost 'unfair' to put her through having to carry myself and all my gear right around Africa. Seeing as I've already put her through having to carry myself and all my gear through and around South Africa.

And in all honesty, I wasn't sure whether she'd be up to going around the second largest continent on this planet.

But, after much consideration, (and a lack of finding a bike sponsor) I have now decided to take my 'Old Faithful' with me on this trip.
I will be taking her to my favorite cycling shop, Linden Cycles, to have them take her apart, clean and replace whatever needs cleaning and replacing. I might have to make a few adjustments and change something here and there...but overall I am very happy to take her.

I love this bike. We've been through so much together. And it only seems fitting that we tackle this, my biggest undertaking yet, together. I've never had any problems with this bike. She's a very hard worker and always willing to go wherever I want her to. No complaints, no hesitation. :)

So my dear friends...I give you Luna, my sole companion on this trip!

(She is a Corratec, Superbow Race Mountainbike)


Facebook GroupNeeds List

No comments: