Monday, 06 December 2010

From a single matchstick to offices



On 12 June 2006, Telana Simpson embarked on, what might have seemed, a CRAZY idea!

She is trading a single matchstick...for offices!
The idea is to keep trading items up in perceived value, until she secures offices to run her training and coaching business from. When she gets her offices, she will be contributing some space to mentoring a start-up entrepreneurial enterprise, and helping them give their dream life

********************************************************************

I first met Telana on the day I completed my trip around South Africa. It was at my
'Welcome Home' party that she handed me a single matchstick. At first I didn't quite know what to make of it. Until I saw that there was something written on the matchstick. This tiny little matchstick represented something...

It represented innovation, possibility, belief, creativity...and I was intrigued.

Over the last year I've become good friends with Telana. I have learned a great deal from her and she has inspired not only me...but every single person that crosses her path.

It is now just over 4 years down the line and the trades she has made has been:

A matchstick
For a pen
For a toy frog
For two books
For two cases of wine
For a holiday in Utopia nature reserve
For R3000 cash
For a hot-air balloon flight
For a party for 150 people
For 375 Springleap T-shirts....


NOW...she only has 140 Tshirts left!!!!

People have blogged about her, written articles about her, interviewed her on radio...she is a true Mover and Shaker!! ;)

Recently she organized the first SWARM party in Africa to unlock the Super Swarm badge through the nifty application FOURSQUARE.
She has organized countless different trades as 'three-way' trades for the Super Cool Springleap T-Shirts. Including tickets to shows, rock climbing lessons, photo shoots, parties, henna tattoos, design competitions....the list goes on.

Through all of this, she has inspired and helped so many people to reach for their own dreams.



So, if you'd like to be part of the Onematchstick Revolution, contact Telana Simpson and trade with her for one of the remaining Springleap T-shirts! There are only 140 left!!!

Also check out her BLOG for current offers!

Facebook Group

Needs List

1 comment:

Telana said...

Thank you Jolandie! And I also need inspiration, and you keep me inspired too! Lots of "C's" coming :)