Thursday, 27 January 2011

My Pannier and Rack Sponsor - Picobella



Picobella Trattoria - This is where I spend a great deal of my time!

They offer the best in Italian cuisine with an extra helping of love and care.
Though I don't spend my time sampling their mouth watering dishes! (Well I do sneak in tastes in between) ;) No, for the past 5 months or so they have been my employers. It started out as an opportunity to earn some money at night whilst I work on getting everything together for my expedition during the day.

Now when I walk into this beautiful establishment and put on my apron, I am amongst friends!



"Pizza angels come to eat here, said the small girl quietly, looking around Picobella.

It is kind of heavenly, kind of homely. Even the mosaic pizza oven has an aura of Byzantine glory. This is where you come for comfort food, traditional Italian family fare, served as solace for the jangled. Very Melville, people climb the steps to this welcoming outdoors-indoors haven all day long. Breakfasting, sunning, coffeeing, introspecting, meeting, reading, lunching, being, dinnering, toasting, chatting, sipping.

What do they do? asked the child. But she was gazing up at the collection of madonnas.
I think they give you love and comfort, replied Déon, one of Picobella’s two owner-brothers, following her gaze.

Picobella does just that. With food that is very happily priced and imbued with soul. "


Thank you so much to Déon, one of the owner brothers of Picobella for sponsoring my pannier bags and bike racks!! These are being shipped from the USA. (Bit more on that later)

I will be sporting my new snazzy Ortlieb pannier bags and Old Man Mountain bike racks soon!! Can't wait for them to arrive! I will be living out of these bags for the next 2 to 3 years of my life!!

Picobella Trattoria is situated at: Nr 66, 4th Avenue, Melville, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
So, should you ever find yourself in this area, pop in and be spoiled to wonderful Italian cuisine prepared by my friends. What's more - have a look at 'My Wall' to get an update of my progress!!


Facebook Group

No comments: