Monday, 14 February 2011

I've got competition - It's a RACE!

So, about 3 weeks ago, I receive a Facebook message from one 'Charmaine Dudley'.

Message saying: "Hi Jolandie, a friend showed me your article in the Citizen newspaper. I am planning the exact same route, just the opposite way. So I guess we'll be in kind of a race. Which will make it more interesting".

Now to be completely honest, I was a bit panic stricken at first. For over three years this is what I have lived for. My dream of becoming the first woman to cycle around Africa solo. And here is someone threatening to take it away from me! Plus she was planning on leaving before me - on 22 February!! So I would have some 'catching-up' to do.

But once I got over myself I actually started to get a little excited. (A little competition never killed anyone) ;)

So I arranged to meet Charmaine (she lives like right around the corner from me - go figure!! lol)
We met up and had a great chat.

Charmaine has since decided that she will be leaving on 27 April 2011 @ 6am from Durban, going up the East Coast.

So we will be going in opposite directions.

It is now well and truly a RACE! :)
The scramble for Africa is on!

BRING IT ON! ;)


Facebook Group

No comments: