Saturday, 30 April 2011

Day 3

So despite my flu, I decided to carry on today. Hanret first suggested that I maybe try and just do short distances until I get better. Good idea! I already started getting itchy feet yesterday!

So today was the stretch between Malmesbury and Moorreesburg. Not far. Only 36Km...but was tough! Partly because I'm ill and partly because of all the gear I'm carrying! The heavy load is fabulous on the downhills, but drags you to snail's pace on the uphills!!

The idea is to push to Piketberg tomorrow and just take it easy. At least I'm making progress.

Between my 2 best friends Elise and Hanret, they're making sure I have a place to stay every night and taking care of admin. Thank you!

The last time I did this route it was right in the middle of summer. Now it's cold and windy! And I know exactly what the road ahead looks like! It doesn't get any easier. I am convinced, however, that I will find my rhythm on the road again soon!
Sent from my Nokia phone

4 comments:

Robin Spengler said...

Just enjoy the day as it comes. I will be following you and praying each day. God Bless. R

Rob said...

Don't worry too much about the weight of the gear - you'll get used to it :) As you go work out what you are carrying and don't need so you can mail it home or pass it on.
Good luck out there!
Rob

Telana said...

So lovely to see you and drum away a bit before you headed off on your epic adventure! I look forward to meeting up with you someday soon and cycling with you for a day or two :)

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.