Monday, 06 June 2011

Back Home

As you will have noticed from the heading, I am currently back in Johannesburg!
My flight from Hosea Kutako airport in Windhoek, landed on Saturday.

There is one very simple reason as to why I am back home - to sort out my visa for Angola. After fighting with the Angolan Embassy in Windhoek for a week, I had had enough and just couldn't waste any more time. On Friday I went to the embassy again for the umpteenth time to try and resolve the issue. This time I was fortunate enough to have someone behind the counter that could actually force a smile. He was very helpful. I explained my case to him (again), and he referred me back to Pretoria (again). What made me decide to come back was the fact that I now needed to apply for an extension on my Namibian visa as the Angolan Embassy requires that I have a 6 month visa in Namibia before I can apply for my Angolan visa. (This was the first time they had divulged this information)!!!

Coming back home is both exciting and taxing emotionally! It was hard enough to have to say farewell to my nearest and dearest when I launched from Cape Town! I had prepared myself to not see them again for a very long time! The actual issue of having to sort out my visa doesn't bother me one bit. That's all part of the journey. But having to now leave everyone AGAIN...that gets to me. But hey, whatever it takes.

Luna and all my gear are still in Windhoek. I am awaiting a letter of invitation from Angola (which should be here today, hopefully), then it takes ten days to process the visa. Once I have my visa in hand, I'll be on my way back to Namibia and back on the road again!!! Wooohoooooo.

Being back home now, does give me the opportunity to catch up on a few things though. Which is great!!!

I'll keep you all posted and you'll know the second I have that elusive visa!!! :)

Facebook Group

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolandie, I am wondering how you are going to handle future possible documentation problems as you are having now when you progressively move further & further from SA & not as easy to fly back to SA for help. I really hope that does not happen. All the best, will be following you on your blog. Twenty Eight.

Anonymous said...

After working in Angola, the DRC and Liberia the last few years, I think you may need to get all those visas in Pretoria.