Tuesday, 04 October 2011

Gearing Up - And my bike's name!

I specifically took the weekend ‘off’, because I thought this week might be a hectic one.
So far it’s been pretty uneventful.

Well not entirely as I acquired another piece of gear today!
Thanks to my friend Shayne @ Cyberbike Johannesburg, I now have my own beautiful new helmet!!
And it’s not just any helmet. It’s a super cool HJC “7 in 1” helmet!!
“7 in 1”? – I hear you ask.

Yes, my snazzy helmet can convert into 7 different helmets.
1. Full Face
2. Super Moto (Off road + shield)
3. Off Road
4. Open Face (Shield + Peak)
5. Open Face (Shield Only)
6. Trial Type Open Face (Peak Only)
7. Classic Open Face (Without Shield, peak)

My "7 in 1" HJC Helmet


AND it has a one-touch, sun shield flip visor, which is super awesome!

Next up is my jacket, pants, boots and gloves.
All on their way!! Soon I’ll be able to upload photos of myself fully geared!

Once we’re done with my gear, we start on Nova’s gear.

Oh yes, I haven’t announced this yet.

My bike’s name = NOVA
Meaning: Nova means ‘New’ in Latin. And also means: A star that grows in brightness. J

Once we’re done with all the gear, there’s a list on what needs to be done on Nova. A few custom parts etc. All very exciting.

And I still need to get in some off-road and handling training of course.

Lots to do!!

Slowly but surely getting there.

I’ll be announcing my departure date soon! So be sure to keep your eyes open and check in regularly!

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Thought for the week: “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” – Neale Donald Walsch



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!

Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.



2 comments:

Clemencia Summers said...

Dude! I've got one of those too. It's a super high quality crash helmet, and it's perfect for any weather. I like your bike's name. It sounds poetic, but I think your bike's fierce.

Max Piedra said...

Snazzy, it is! I like Nova, it sounds so fast and powerful for a bike. Heh. So, how was the road trip? I'd love to see some pics and read about the entire experience.